Statement of Privacy
This Statement of Privacy (this “Statement”) governs the manner in which Wonderspaces, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Wonderspaces”, the “Company”, “We”, or “Us”) collect, use, maintain, and disclose information collected from customers and others who interact with the Company’s products, software, services, and websites, including the Company’s membership program but excluding any other services provided to you by the Company under a separate agreement (collectively, “Services”). Certain aspects of your private information, including credit card payment processing, are governed also by the User Agreement (available here), which is hereby incorporated in its entirety by reference, and/or by the Membership Agreement Terms and Conditions (available here).
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you when you request information, share information, sign up for a membership, book reservations or tickets, purchase our products or otherwise engage our services, receive electronic notices or other similar communications and activities. When performing any of these actions, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number, home address, personal preferences, and credit card and billing information. We collect personal information from you when using the Services, such as when you choose to share information with others, including inviting contacts and sending feedback. We collect information when you interact with our customer service to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of the User Agreement, Membership Terms and Conditions, or this Statement. We collect non-personal information about your computer hardware and software when you use the Services. This information can include your device type, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, IP address, internet service provider, pages visited, and referring website addresses. We may use a third party program to assist us in analyzing this data to better tailor our Services to our users.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
· To improve our Services. We continually strive to improve our Service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive.
· To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and to offer tailored Services.
· To improve customer service. Information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
· To inform you of other products or Services available from the Company and its affiliates.
· To process transactions. Transaction information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or Service requested.
· To administer your membership, a promotion, survey or other Service feature.
· To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, product or Service updates, and to respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We engage in customary data collection, storage and processing practices and utilize certain security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Company. We cannot guarantee the protection of information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, copy, disclosure, destruction, or alteration or that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others or by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards. As a result, all personal information you disclose to us is at your own risk.
We may work with third-party marketing partners, such as Google Analytics, who use technologies such as “pixel tags” or “web beacons” on our or their own behalf. Such technologies typically take the form of small images embedded in emails or websites and are used to determine whether an email was opened or what part of a website a visitor has viewed. These technologies do not contain any personal information and are merely used to gather information to analyze traffic to websites for the sake of improving a user’s experience therewith or to enhance marketing efforts.
How do we respond to do not track signals?
We use Squarespace for our website, and as far as Do Not Track signals go, Squarespace sites use information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer websites, to track users’ movements around websites, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Squarespace sites do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. So to the best of our knowledge, Squarespace does not currently support recognition of Do Not Track protocol. Users of this site should anticipate that data regarding their visit to this site is collected and used in the aggregate as mentioned earlier in this paragraph.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, offering and administering promotions or special offers, website hosting, email and postal delivery, membership program management, product and service delivery, analytics services, or conducting academic research, so long as those parties agree to keep any personally identifiable information confidential in accordance with the terms of this Statement. In many cases, such as with our membership program (which is administered through Squarespace), the Company may not even have access to certain of your personally identifiable information.
In addition, we may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, legal regulatory bodies or authorities, enforce our User Agreement, Membership Agreement Terms and Conditions, or this Statement, or protect and defend our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information (such as generic aggregated information) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Services or administer activities on our behalf, including but not limited to sending out notices. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Third Party Links and Content
Users may find advertising or other content on our Services that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties, and vice-versa. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Services. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Services, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
Your Rights under GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union directive that aims to give the residents thereof more information about and control over their data. To that end, if you are a resident of the European Union, please be advised that you have the following rights:
· The right to be informed; anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to. That’s what this Statement is for; please let us know if you think we’ve fallen short of this goal.
· The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller. While the Company is not required by law to appoint a natural person as Data Controller, you should direct any inquiries you would have directed to a Data Controller to email@example.com.
· The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
· The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called “the right to be forgotten”. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
· The right to restrict processing; this gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
· The right to data portability; you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Company by you to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
· The right to object; you may object to further processing of your data that is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
· Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, users of our Services may make any changes to their information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident, you are permitted to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Wonderspaces, Inc., Attn: Privacy Rights Dep’t, 4136 Del Rey Avenue, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292. California residents using our Services are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814, by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly request or solicit any personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. Our website, products and Services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is reasonably practicable.
This Statement applies only to information collected through our Services and not to information collected offline.
User Agreement and Membership Agreement Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our User Agreement (available here) establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Services at https://www.wonderspaces.com/user-agreement. If you are considering joining the Company’s membership program, or if you are currently a member, please also visit our Membership Agreement Terms and Conditions (available here) for further details on that program.
By using our Services, you consent to this Statement.
Opt-out & unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications from the Company by emailing the Company at email@example.com.
You can otherwise always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests to update or delete personally identifiable information you have previously provided to us. However, you should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove every record we have of the information you have provided us. For example, the need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request, we will endeavor to delete all such information that is stored in the databases we actively use for business activities, as well as other readily searchable media.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
The Company expects to update this Statement from time to time and may do so at any time. We will post any such changes on this page and update the Statement modification date below. The Company encourages you to review this Statement periodically in order to stay informed of how the Company is protecting your information. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Statement periodically and become aware of modifications. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Statement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If there are any questions regarding this Statement, or if you have any concerns about the way the Company is handling your information, please contact us at email@example.com
This Statement was last modified on April 26, 2019.